Health & Safety Management Systems
Make Good Business Sense
Organizations devote considerable resources to protecting worker safety and ensuring healthy workplaces. For both business and financial reasons, many go beyond the minimum requirements set by occupational health and safety laws. Organizations with effective safety and health programs earn positive returns on their health and safety investment by
- Reducing work-related accidents and ill-health and the costs associated with them
- Improving performance through heightened employee morale and adherence to policies and procedures
- Reinforcing a responsible and well managed reputation with customers, stakeholders, and communities.
A growing number of organizations operate health and safety programs in conjunction with their environmental management system. For such organizations, Futurepast recommends applying an ISO 14001-like approach to the review and improvement of a health and safety management system (H&SMS).
Futurepast can help you integrate health and safety management system with your environmental management system, or with your combined environmental and quality management system. The integrated system can be established on the basis of the ISO 14001 and 9001 international standards.
Futurepast’s consulting services include:
- Consulting on implementation
- Training staff on OHSAS 18001 interpretation and implementation
- Training internal auditors
- Preparing for and achieving OHSAS 18001 certification
- Providing internal auditing services.
Third-party registration to OHSAS 18001 is available from most certification bodies.